Tengrain didn’t really tag me with this although he did say that if we wanted to do it, we should consider ourselves tagged, and I’ve been dying to do it because I have a relatively eclectic collection of music in my iTunes library: somewhere over 80Gb of high-resolution compact disc rips going back as far as the early 1970’s and including several hundred songs pulled for free from the original mp3.com site. So, I’m doing it, and then I’m going to tag some homies. Pfft.
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT (this is in capital letters, so it is very serious).
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY: “No Self Control”, Peter Gabriel (untitled album, 1980)
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY: “World Full of Nothing”, Depeche Mode (Black Celebration, 1986)
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL: “I Feel You (Helmet at the Helm Mix)”, Depeche Mode (I Feel You, Maxi Single, 1993)
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY: “Cold Alien”, Planet Bliss (via mp3.com circa 2003)
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE: “One Tree Hill”, U2 (Joshua Tree, 1987)
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO: “Moon In Ice”, Yello (One Second, 1987)
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU: “Poison in the Well”, 10,000 Maniacs (Blind Man’s Zoo, 1989)
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS: “End of the Line…” designerthumbs (via mp3.com circa 2004)
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN: “A Matter of Conscience”, The Sun and the Moon (The Sun and the Moon, 1988)
10. WHAT IS 2+2: “The Song of the Sybil”, Dead Can Dance (A Passage In Time, 1991)
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND: “Six Different Ways”, The Cure (The Head on the Door, 1985)
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE: “Superunknown”, Soundgarden (Superunknown, 1994)
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY: “i remember everything”, Sub City (via mp3.com circa 2002)
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP: “Craving”, Xymox (Twist of Shadows, 1989)
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE: “Into the Fourth Dimension”, The Orb (The Orb’s Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld, disc 2, 1991)
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU: “Help Me Lift You Up”, This Mortal Coil (Blood, 1991)
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING: “There Is a Light That Never Goes Out”, The Smiths (The World Won’t Listen, 1986) (okay, i’ll admit it: i rigged this one answer, because we DID dance to this at our wedding!)
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL: “The Colour Hurts”, Curve (Pubic Fruit, 1991)
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST: “Suboceana”, Tom Tom Club (Boom Boom Chi Boom Boom, 1989)
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET: “To Wish Impossible Things”, The Cure (Wish, 1992)
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS: “Solar Choir”, The Creatures (Boomerang, 1989)
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS: “Life’s What You Make It”, Talk Talk (The Colour of Spring, 1986)
It entirely figures that with over 30 years of music to pick from and the entire library active, the “next” button on my keyboard nearly-consistently brought up music from the mid-to-late 1980’s and early 1990’s. Bah!